About & Contact
Forrest Sign Company specializes in interior and exterior signage in steel, aluminum, bronze, brass, and plastic. From cast bronze plaques to building façade numerals to architectural nameplates to dimensional reception signage, there is no project Forrest can’t handle.
In the eastern shadows of the grandest of all railway stations, the Forrest Sign Company was born. Located at 166 West 30th Street, Forrest Sign was founded by Mr. Frederick Forrest in 1938.
By 1962, Forrest Sign employed 20 people – sign painters, gold leaf letterers, shop foremen, sign installers, salesmen and secretaries. In that year, Mr. Forrest decided to sell to three colleagues, Sol Schlockman, David Sher and Dave Brandeis.
The company thrived for twelve years under the talents of these three men. In 1973 Sol and Dave sold their shares to David, who continued to run the company until losing his five-year battle with leukemia in 1980. At this point, Richard McGovern became the sole owner of Forrest Sign Company, and has continued to guide the business for over 36 years.
The original tagline for The Forrest Sign Company was “Covering the entire field.” While our techniques have changed, our capabilities have not. Whatever you need, we can do.